IELTS Series: Useful Websites and Making the Most Out of It





 Despite the fact that I sat my IELTS test in October 2019, my memories regarding all the studying process are still fresh for I still get lots of questions, either in an Instagram's direct message or a private chat. So I suddenly thought to myself, "why not write one quick post about it?" Then yup, here we are.

In this very short post, I will be sharing the resources I used to prepare for the test. The whole IELTS thing might be a series of several posts, breaking down each test. But we'll see!

I got 7.5 in total, which was ultimately higher than what I was aiming for, yet I did not take any long structured courses or what-so-ever. All I attended was a week crash course on IELTS introduction by SUN Education and a one-day IELTS writing workshop held by Golden Gate Education. I averted my focus to fully prepare for the test around a month prior to the test, and the other three or four months were rather casual preparation.

Without further ado, let's hop on!

Websites and YouTube Channels I relied on

  1. IELTS Advantage (Chris Pell)
    I would say this one helped me a lot. Subscribing to their newsletter will be really useful because they will send pieces of information about their free public classes and the freebies which are updated frequently. They have both YouTube and a website, and I paid close attention to their website. I personally prefer their website more than their video since they gave me tips on writing which is like, almost all of IELTS' test-takers nightmare. They also share study plan that could help you to schedule and adjust to your target!

    Check their website here: IELTS Advantage and their YouTube channel here. Under this, I am also attaching their introduction video!


  2. E2 Language
    Straight up my favourite YouTube channel to learn IELTS. I will admit that I personally don't fancy studying from a video because it makes me sleepy, but their fast-paced video without much chit-chats really intrigued me. They mostly make the video in simulation form so you could as well learn real-time without pausing the video. They also have a newsletter that offers lots of great information.

    Check their website here and their YouTube channel here. Here is one of the samples of their video to give you the concept of their style.


  3. IELTS Liz
    For those who prefer the conventional system, IELTS Liz might be the one for you. Despite still using a whiteboard and all, she gives out trivial stuff that you might question yet don't know where to get the answers from. Her videos are also rather short so it would not take too much time for the busy.
    Check her website here and the YouTube channel here! Here is one of her most popular video that people said to be really helpful.


Last but not least, I did not facilitate any book except Cambridge's IELTS book in which I forgot what the title was. I am bad at keeping track of my study with books so I prefer to arrange my own study materials from several websites on the internet.

That's all for this post, I might continue this as a series if I remember to do so *nervous chuckles*. Good luck and thank you for stopping by!

The cover picture is taken from SUN Education's website!

Komentar

Postingan Populer